Hornitos Plata and a Time & Oak element

Last month I reviewed a bottom shelf tequila and an element and this month I bought a bottle of Hornitos Plata, one of my favorite plata/silver tequilas, to see how an element will affect the flavor.  It's nice and clean with a fruity and spicy finish.

I have to remark that the element adds color and flavor immediately after entering the bottle.

At 12 hours the tequila already looks as dark as a reposado, and has nice oak touches.

24 hours and there is already a pronounced and smooth wood and smoke flavor component.  This already tastes like a quality reposado.

Finally at 48 hours the tequila is dark brown, sweet and peppery with a nice lasting sweet oak finish.

This may be my favorite element experiment thus far. There seemed to be no down side as far as flavor is concerned for leaving in the element for even a few weeks. The tequila ended up rich and flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment